I am sure everyone has their favorite recipe for banana bread, but in case you dont, here is a great one. Matt found it for me on Allrecipes.com a few years ago and we really like it. Tonight I made some muffins because my bananas were about to fall out of the skins because they were so ripe (a great image right)!! Anyway, here it is:
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3-4 mashed overripe bananas
1 cup walnuts (if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a seperate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
4. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
5. Stir banana mixture with flour mixture until just moistened then pour into loaf pan.
6. Bake about one hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
**Tonight I made a variation of the recipe. Instead of bread, I made 8 giant muffins and included the walnuts in them. They are sooooooooo delicious and I think next time I will put a little brown sugar crumbles on top just before they are finished to make them a tad sweeter. And here is my attempt to take some “artsy” photos with the point-and-shoot!