This is also an excellent recipe that my sister gave me a year or so. And the recipe below is an adaptation of hers ever-so-slightly. But I LOVE this chili recipe because it is very healthy, delicious, easy and fast to make! It is even healthier if you use low sodium canned beans or cooked your own beans (but that is just crazy talk, I will likely never cook my own beans)! Or you can make a vegetarian version without the turkey. It is also great for large groups too! We had our small group over a couple of weeks ago and we made this and it was all gone!
1 can Pinto beans (15.5 oz)
1 can Kidney beans (15.5 oz)
1 can Black beans (15.5 oz)
2 cans Great Northern beans (15.5 oz)
2 cans Rotel (your choice of spiciness)
2 packets of chili seasoning (your choice of spiciness)
1 lb ground turkey
cooked white rice
1. Drain and rinse beans well in a strainer.
2. Pour into large pot on stove with both Rotel cans (including the juice from cans)
3. Add one packet of chili seasoning to pot (mixed with a little water).
4. Meanwhile, cook the ground turkey until it browns.
5. Pour off some the excess juices from turkey and add second pack of chili seasoning (mixed with a little water) and let simmer for a few minutes.
5. Add turkey to pot with beans and mix well.
6. Let simmer until completly warmed.
7. Serve on top of white rice or fritos and ENJOY!
(I dont usually cook it in a crock pot but this time made a double batch for our small group).
Check out this rockin plastic wear presentation! I could win Top Chef with a presentation like this 🙂