I dont know about you, but I LOVE lemon bars! I often dont think about making them, but when I do, they dont last long around our house 🙂 This recipe was put in a book my sister made for me about 6 or 7 years ago and it has been a keeper since then. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!
For the Crust
2 sticks unsalted butter (room temp)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
pinch of salt
For the filling
2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
8-9 Tbs fresh lemon juice
1. Spray 13×9 glass dish with Pam or spread a cake pan lubricant of some sort on bottom & edges of dish.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Blend butter, powdered sugar and salt until smooth texture. Add flour (i usually add about 1/2 cup at a time and blend so it doesnt go flying all over the kitchen). Your crust batter will look like this:
4. Press into pan until it is level all around and bake for 20 minutes.
5. While crust is cooking, prepare the filling.
6. Beat granulated sugar, flour, eggs and lemon juice until evenly mixed. (Watch out for stray lemon seeds!!)
7. When crust is finished, pour filling mixture on top and bake for 25 more minutes.
8. Remove from pan and dust with powdered sugar.
9. Voila! Bon apetite!
This recipe was featured on Sweets for a Saturday!! Check out Lisa’s blog for other great sweet recipes